Sunday, April 11, 2010

Roses & Lavender watch.

This morning I weeded the rose garden and examined how things were going since applying Bayer Advanced. I deadheaded some poor blooms on the Peace rose that the bugs got to in hopes those stems will come back bug free with new blooms. Bella Roma in the back has grown tall and filled with buds. The Peace rose has some healthy looking buds. I really thought we would have to dig that one out. The Double Delight tree has one large rose in bloom and several more on the way. The Iceberg trees should be opening by next weekend. I'll be keeping Bayer on hand to prevent any recurrence over the season.



The six new lavender plants are a mixed bag. A couple look completely dead, two look like half the plant is dead but part may survive and two more look like they did when I opened the box. They were alive then so that maybe a good sign. The four from the first shipment all have blossoms forming. I cut stems from the oldest lavender in the garden which is probably 3 feet in diameter. I hope some of the rest will do as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment