Friday, March 9, 2012

Seeds

I haven't done much with seeds in the garden. The only attempt a few years ago resulted in the seeds being scattered across the garden due to wind and rain. The tall purple flowers still pop up when the warm weather comes but they are not in the back of the garden where I intended.

Today I planted trailing lobelia in hopes of hanging this planter later. I am also trying to grow purple coneflower which I will transplant around the garden if they come up in pots. I also tried a few of the coneflower seeds in the garden near the Veteran's Honor rose. The garden is one big experiment.

I was considering digging up the two Meyer dwarf lemon trees after speaking with the guy at the garden store. When I went out last week to cut off all the branches prior to digging it up I could see that one of the trees had blossoms. So we got the spray to get rid of the miner that's been plaguing these and we'll see how they do after today's treatment. Need to fertilize them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment