Sunday, January 15, 2012

English Primrose


Yesterday I cleaned up the border along the patio and planted red, white and blue English Primroses. This is my first try with primroses but they were inexpensive at $1.29 at HD so I bought 8. The day before I had purchased tiny Tete-a-Tete daffodils in bloom from Armstrong. I placed these among the primroses and elsewhere in the garden. Other bulbs are beginning to peek from the ground which sure helps when the roses are pruned back and leafless.

I was frustrated with Armstrong. After attending their rose pruning class a year ago I went back to replenish the recommended mix to use on my pruned roses. I have the SolPoMag but needed to replace the Alfalfa Meal and Iron--they were out of iron and couldn't tell me when they will get more in. I tried two other stores with no luck. Is there a shortage?

No comments:

Post a Comment