Moving the four Spellbound roses took a lot more work than expected mostly because of problems preparing the front planter. I moved all the plants to the backyard garden except one small carousel rose. I couldn't get it dug out. There were lots of roots in the planter from the tree in the front yard. DH came to the rescue but the little rose had to be cut apart from the tree root and could not be saved.
Then it was discovered that one of the sprinklers was leaking and needed repair. Finally the soil could be prepared and yesterday the four roses were moved. I had soaked them a couple of times during the week so they came out of the ground easily. The new soil in the front bed was also easy to dig. After they were transplanted I fertilized with a mixture of Alfalfa Meal (full box), SulPoMag (1/2 box) and iron (bag), sprinkling about a cup around each rose. This was covered with Rose Grow and watered in. All the roses in the garden were given this feeding. Today we mulched and now we wait to see how these roses do in their new bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment