Saturday, November 6, 2010

Fall in the Garden

With inside home inprovement projects, vacation and work I haven't been in the garden much. Today I planted some bulbs I bought last weekend at Roger's Garden in Newport Beach. Wonderful nursery and gift shop. Two Holland Sensation narcissus are in the ground near the Double Delight rose tree and 4 pink Tulip Angelique are in the rose garden. Last year I had lots of daffodils in winter when nothing else was out so I may need to add more bulbs in the rose garden to create some color when the roses have been pruned.

One rose and perhaps two need to come out of the rose garden. This one is not a Jackson & Perkins and is cronically diseased or bugged. I am considering a Knock Out rose rather than a tea rose to see how it does, or Moondance, a white rose from J&P.

No comments:

Post a Comment