Saturday, June 5, 2010
Corner
I've been working on the southeast corner this season and last trying to determine what will grow there. The two lantana I moved earlier this spring have leafed out and had a few blossoms so they might do well here. A lavender died and another seems to be handling the heat well. Today Mr. W helped me plant two ground-cover roses and another plumbago. He dug the holes and found at least one football sized rock. I am hoping the roses will spread their full 3 feet and fill in the bare spots. The plumbago replaces one that died in a previous season. A second plumbago has always done well on the south fence so I'll give another one a try next to it. I'd like to take some of the vines off the south fence but thought it might disturb our little buzzer bird. I may wait for the babies to hatch and fly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment